2.6

The Body Shop Corporate Office 06-26-2017 I am writing to express my concerns about a recent incident I experienced at your store.I would like to bring to your attention the fact that I received extremely poor customer service during my last shopping trip at The Body Shop Concord California Store 120, which took place on June 18, 2017 at approximately 5:00 p.m.

While shopping, I asked an associate for assistance in returning gifts from my children witch I snuck out of the house so they would not know I was returning them. I explained this to your associate and she was more than helpful. I explained that I wanted to do an exchange because I just wanted some candles and scented oils. The associate began to process the return asked if I had a recipe?

I told her no they were gifts from my children and I snuck them out the house so they would not know. Associate told me what the value of the items where, and out comes the Store Manager Jessica H and she began to question your associate about the return, Store Manager Jessica H looks at me and begins to question me. Do you have the receipts I replied No and tell her the same thing I told the associate they were gifts from my children, and I snuck them out the house etc. Store Manager Jessica H says without a receipt we take 60% off of each item.

I asked to see this in writing, Store Manager Jessica H began to sift thru a binder saying its a new California Law and its not in writing as of yet and she has to call LP (Loss Prevention) for the policy. Store Manager Jessica H walks off and goes to the back of your store. I stand and wait for a moment to gather my thoughts and pull myself together because now Im feeling embarrassed, unworthy, shamed and discriminated against, all while saying to myself my children whom are Tax Paying Citizens their money is still not good enough to spend in your store, or its unbelievable that they would spend their money to purchase gifts for me. I truly believe there are other action that Store Manager Jessica H could have taking the way technology is today Im sure she could have ran the Item Number and seen the purchase date and store location.

Anything besides how she handled the situation. Needless to say I requested your Store Managers Information and I left without my desired product. It was extremely disheartening that I was made to feel like I committed a crime and was being dishonest, resulting in me leaving feeling very upset, shocked and appalled.

I hope to hear back from you about this incident soon.Please contact at your earliest convenience at Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Review about: The Body Shop Manager.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dissatisfied respect customers money.

Had an Experience with The Body Shop?

Comments

Actually Jessica is right...if you don't have the receipts you get 50% off.I worked at TBS and that was the store policy.

You could have tried calling customer service to see if they can locate your purchase via Credit card.

You are wrong saying that she could do so because of the "technology capabilities" as those computer are very old and and do not store your information to pull up for returns and such.People like you are the reason so many in retail want to kill themselves...how about you complain to the company and their dumb policies...not the works who keep company policy so they don't lose their jobs.